-->

The Virgin Suicides





















"They had killed themselves over our dying forests, over manatees maimed by propellers as they surfaced to drink from garden hoses; they had killed themselves at the sight of used tires stacked higher than the pyramids; they had killed themselves over the failure to find a love none of us could ever be. In the end, the tortures tearing the Lisbon girls pointed to a simple reasoned refusal to accept the world as it was handed down to them, so full of flaws."

This book is a permanent addition to my life bag (the bag in which I carry important things incase life picks up and runs away, and I must chase carelessly after it).
Everyone has a life bag, even if you don't know it.

7 comments:

soph (owl vs. dove) said...

One of my favourite stories.

You've got me thinking about my 'life bag' now!

Twobreadsplease said...

i love this film so much, think i might even prefer it to the book. think i'm just seduced by dreamy cinematography x

Lindsey said...

Awesome post! I think I prefer the book too, but the movie was nice. I thought it was a pretty loyal adaption and Kirsten Dunst being cast was just perfect.

edgy feather said...

Lovely! I'll definitely follow you, hope you would like to do the same;
edgyfeather.blogspot.com

xxxxx Love

Claire said...

That was a beautiful little note about the 'life bag'. I think I shall start referring to my 'life bag' now.

xx

Katie ケイティ said...

Like everyone else, this is one of my favorite books and films too! You should write a post detailing more about your life bag. I'm curious now :o)

sami chu. said...

i've never heard of a life bag! cool concept. i recently watched this film -- love sofia coppola even though most of her movies are depressing!

xo
sami

ps. check out my giveaway!!!!!!!!!
http://glimpseofglamour.blogspot.com/2011/04/love-ly-giveaway.html