-->

Key pieces #1







[images via JAK & JIL]


For me nothing beats a good white blouse and striped tops. Both have an effortlessly chic quality to them. I think anything with a Parisian association to it is instantly chic, of course it must be well executed and worn appropriately. It sounds silly but for me the first thing I notice about how others are dressed is how neat they come across. I know style is subjective but a sharp look with a clean finish is as good as it gets for me. Sadly I wish I could say the same for myself, I feel I need to invest in better quality essentials. I own several striped garments (picture below), but none of them are things I think particularly fit well on me. I have a terrible bad habit of buying things a size (or two) too large so they always bunch at weird places and hang completely wrong. I cannot stress enough how wearing appropriate sizes makes all the difference.
A blouse is my preferred choice for torso wear, the cut is often very flattering and it can be styled in many ways. A blouse is always a versatile piece to have. I think Acne make a fine white blouse (or any top for that matter).

My inspiration for fine combing my wardrobe down to essentials and key pieces is Dead Fleurette. She has an awesome and very inspirational blog everyone should read. It made me realise how much of my clothes I purchase and never use. Rather than buying lots of so so pieces, I should invest in a few good quality and timeless garments. And with that; adieu, jusqu'à la prochaine fois!

No comments: