-->

Amalia Chimera

Amalia is yet another person who's work is just utterly enchanting. Apart from the photographs of hers I have posted here, she makes the most amazing animations. I strongly urge you to see them all on her website.

a • ma • li • a | ä • mä • lë • ä
proper noun
1. a girl with a viewfinder for an eye, a lens in place of arms, and a tripod for legs.
(full name: Amalia Royce Sieber)


chi • me • ra | kï • mæ • rä
noun
1. (in Greek mythology) a fire-breathing female monster with a lion's head, a goat's body, and a serpent's tail.
2. any mythical animal with parts taken from various animals.


Hey there, inquiring mind. My name is Amalia Sieber, internet moniker Amalia Chimera– this tends to require some clarification, as I often get emails addressed to "Miss Chimera." The confusion is all my fault.

I am a photographer, stop animator, motion graphics designer, and interaction designer. (What a handful.) I studied in the 5 year design program at DAAP, majored in Digital Design, and graduated in June '09.

I fill my free time taking many photos, drawing, sewing, collaging, losing sleep...I often bring the things I love into what I create, and I use those interests as motifs. My style is then a little whimsical, a little confusing, sometimes dark, but always colorful.





































7 comments:

ching said...

thanks you for the link. very nice.

samantha. said...

love the name explanation and the photos! very cute blog! i have just started following! love haruki marukami! come visit my blog sometime!

xx
sami
www.aglimpseofglamour.com

Emily and Abigail said...

mesmerized by all of these amazing photographs. truly beautiful.

www.lovelywanderlust.com

soph (owl vs. dove) said...

These are all incredibly beautiful. I'll definitely be checking out her website!

kelsea said...

your blog is such a great balance of art and fashion. i loved looking at all these photographs

Pachi Sánchez said...

Fantastic pics!!!
Thanks for sharing!

nikol said...

pretty photos