-->

Chadwick Tyler

If you were unaware of who Chadwick Tyler is, I'm sure all of you have bore witness to his photographs somewhere! Honestly, I think the bio on his website (read below) is an incredibly accurate sum up of his work. I think he truly captures a beautiful perspective of women which I have not seen before in other photographer's work.

Photographer Chadwick Tyler is a singular talent. His powerfully evocative images are unmistakeable for their representation of young women longing for release from the mundane. At the forefront of a new movement in aesthetics, Tyler's photography challenges contemporary notions of beauty by celebrating innocence and vulnerability.

Tyler became known in the art world for his seminal gallery show Tiberius whose haunting portraits depict 55 young women, each as their own wistful creature. Tyler has recently turned some of his attention to fashion, having shot the current Levi's campaign with BBH's creative director Mark Reddy. His work has also been featured in fashion magazines Dazed and Confused, The Last Magazine, V, French, Grey and others worldwide.

Currently Tyler is working on two books, and a new gallery show. He resides in New York.


Please check out his website, it is full of so so many more magical photographs which you should scroll through (each and every one!). I have spent a many hours just looking myself! (These are the things I do when I should be studying, tut tut!) And on that note I really should be writing an essay.
All images and information credited to his website.














9 comments:

Mat said...

i totally love the styling, goes with the imagery very well. good shout!

Jennifer said...

I loved these images individually and now I love them together too! I never pay much attention to the photographer so I was a little shocked that he took so many of my favourite photographs!

pearl. said...

i have seen many of these before but i have never put a name to the art! thank you i shall add him to my inspirational list of photographers.
Pearl xo

Miss Woo said...

I seen some of the photos pop up on blogs here and there but never know who the photographer is, so thanks for sharing!

and I had a really good chicken burger in Guildford today and thought of you (melted brie and loooads of pickles + fries). I thought you might appreciate information, lol. Still looking for the PERFECT American burger joint in the UK though...

Lindsey said...

Definitely some amazing work. The ones in the water are just...beautiful. I wish I were there!

Trop Rouge said...

...wow..amazing

hyc said...

wow. these are some great photos!! :)

Jessica said...

hmm i see you are gifted for finding awesome photographers ! i like : )
Would you be interested in exchanging links with me?
xo

Caitlin Shearer said...

His photographs are particularly nice.
that boy with his hands scrunched up to his face. perfecto!