-->

Katie Gallagher

I live in New York, but was born between a farm and a forest somewhere in the United States. When I was young, I hated wearing clothes, but I always wore my cat Thomas on my head. I graduated from the Rhode Island School of Design and have spent much of my time at Threeasfour and Anna Sui. I don't believe that fashion is the end goal; stories, personalities, moods, ideals, and attitudes are. Fashion, when executed successfully communicates these attributes quickly and eloquently.


All information and photos are from her website which you should take a browse on, it has lots more to look at then I have posted.
I love how she uses monochromatic colours. I especially love that they are black and nude. The shapes and materials are just perfect. The styling and clothes are just a dream. Want. I also really like the illustrations so I thought I would include them, as always, enjoy!





























15 comments:

Gabriela said...

SO COOL. I gotta scramble and save them all on my computer before I accidentally close the tab (again)

☮✿☮ said...

i really love this post because of how sexy the clothes are. seems unintentional which is always best :P

Tania said...

That is amazing! I especially love seeing the drawings, as I'm a fashion designer myself (well, not by profession) on my blog
This is going to take a while for me to save them all!!!

http://toruu-tania.blogspot.com/

Lindsey said...

Woah, interesting. That hair and makeup is amazing!!

fuschiaaa said...

I'm in love with the hair and music, I'd love to stroll around school with going on ha

Férociouslista said...

love love love loveeeee

Férociouslista said...

love love love loveeeee

Wends said...

soo cool!
i adore her illustrations!

Miss Woo said...

These are gorgeous, I love how her design seems very gothic but contemporary at the same time.

and I didn't made it to the DSM sample sale in the end. My brother went for me and he said there was a massive queue and many people walk out of the store empty handed. So I guess it's all talk and no trousers? (god I'm so lame...) haha and I swear I gain 3 kilos from Shakeaway one Summer so I'm really not going there again! Have you been to the Angel Bakery in the Lanes too? Cupcakes are also dangerously delicious ;p

Kate said...

Beautiful pictures :)

Kiyo said...

The different textures are so beautiful and I also love the voluminous hair. I'd love to own the beige coat and one of the black dresses...great illustrations too.

Thanks for sharing your experience with me, it sounds amazing. I agree with everything you said, having a great sales attendant makes the experience mean so much more. It would be so disappointing to go to a store you adore and find that the sales attendants are pushy/stuck up. I will definitely stop by Miu Miu when I'm in Paris. Hopefully it will be soon...
& so exciting that you're now a registered buyer at Miu Miu! and please post when you get your bag there :)

Daydream Bear said...

Ahhhh I love things that are scarily beautiful

heart charlie said...

These photos are wildly fun and amazing!! I love seeing this artistic side to fashion, so inspiring ;)

Mat said...

great images, glad she is getting a lot of exposure at the moment

ParisiannSkies said...

wow i'm not familiar with her work,
but i'm glad i am now!

thanks for sharing!